Social workshops for the creatively curious.
WOOL AND THE GANG WORKSHOP
WOOL AND THE GANG WORKSHOP
New workshop 26th September 6.30pm-9pm. Join the coolest knitters on the block and make your very own Happy Daze Beanie or a Lil’ Foxy Roxy Scarf. Great for beginners!
Welcome to the Gang…
Date: 26th September - Time: 6.30-9pm
Cost: £50 per person
Venue: House Curious, Wandsworth Common
Join the gang of knitters with the one and only Wool and the Gang. Learn their crafty techniques to create your very own Happy Daze Beanie or a Lil’ Foxy Roxy Scarf from their new AW18 kit collection.
A Gang member from Wool and the Gang will be on hand to guide you through the knitting kit and teach you all the techniques you need to know. It's not just about knitting though it's about making new friends and sharing a wine or two with a delicious charcuterie and cheese board. What's not to love about that?
You get to pick one of the following kits to make:
1. Happy Daze Beanie
The pattern includes three techniques, so you can choose to make it in garter stitch, moss stitch or give twisted rib a try - perfect for beginner knitters or those looking for a fun project to get stuck into
2. Lil’ Foxy Roxy Scarf
An audacious scarf that makes a statement, just like the funky diva Foxy Brown. Knitted using the garter stitch and chunky Crazy Sexy Wool. This stylish yet cosy accessory is super easy to make. The Lil' Foxy Roxy is a must-have for the winter season, and perfect for beginner knitters.
1 x Ball of Crazy Sexy Wool
1 x Happy Daze Beanie or Lil' Foxy Roxy Pattern
1 x Straight Knitting Needles
- Charcuterie and cheese board
- Wine and soft drinks
About Wool and the Gang
Wool and the Gang is a global fashion brand powered by the maker movement, with a unique Fashion in a Kit offering that has gained them thousands of loyal fans worldwide.
Dedicated to great design as well as DIY, Wool and the Gang has collaborated with Giles Deacon for his LFW show, Friends of the Earth, the British Fashion Council, Mini, Veuve Clicquot, Christopher Raeburn, Whistles, Soludos and & Other Stories to date.
The Gang cares deeply about provenance and collaborates with the best producers to source their yarns.
If you need any further convincing here are some cool facts about knitting...
· Reduced stress and anxiety levels. Just what the doctor ordered.
· Improved dexterity as you give your hands and mind a work out at the same time.
· You'll unleash your creativity and you'll soon be glowing with pride once you've finished.
· Your memory will improve. (Some even say it can reduce chances of dementia.)
· You'll be able to meet new peeps, knitters are everywhere!
All materials are sourced with consideration so as to reduce impact on our environment. Here's some of the ways we do this…
· Wool (surprise!) is our favourite yarn. It's natural, renewable and biodegradable.
· We work with fashion factories to repurpose their fashion waste into new yarns to reduce landfill.
· We're always on the lookout for new innovative materials that help to reduce environmental impact.