We all know how it feels when it's minus 3 outside and the sky is a slab of dark marbled greys. But we say don’t be beaten by the January blues! We reckon it's time to embrace the dark side and indulge yourself. Here are our tips on how to survive the colder months. And to make it even more bearable how about a cosy 10% off from House Curious. Use code *warmup* at the checkout.
1. Switch off the TV and snuggle up with a warm blanket, good book and a glass of vino or for those having a dry January a lovely hot chocolate.
2. Open your favourite cookery book and make a heart-warming meal. One of my fav cookery books at the moment is Indian Made Easy by Amandip Uppal
3. Now is the perfect time to write down your intentions & goals for the year ahead. Starting with positive thoughts and looking ahead is the best way to shift your focus to the good stuff and leave those winter blues behind.
4. Book a summer holiday. Sounds a bit paradoxical after ‘embrace the winter blues’ but by booking a holiday it means you have something to look forward to. I’ve just booked our Ibiza holiday and it was an instant mood boost. Now I’m dreaming for those beach days and long lunches.
5. Take some time to wind down. Most of us run full throttle into the new year, I’m certainly spinning a few plates but remember to take a step back and allow yourself some down time, whether its soaking in a bath and lighting your fav candle or giving meditation a go. Take some time for you and slow down for a moment and it will do you the world of good, trust me.
Click on the images below to shop - Embrace The Winter Blues